Dr. Murray earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical science at Texas A&M University in College Station. While enrolled there she did research on Purkinje fibers in the brain and fell in love with strong evidenced-based medical research. She has used this commitment to an evidence-based approach throughout her dental career.
Dr. Murray worked in dental and medical offices prior to deciding she wanted to apply to dental school. She attended the prestigious Baylor College of Dentistry at the Texas A&M Health Science Center and earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery there in 2013.
She completed further education in medical emergencies and sedation at The University of Alabama-Birmingham. She maintains her sedation, basic life support (BLS), and advanced cardiothoracic life support (ACLS) certifications in addition to the required continuing education.
Throughout Dr. Murray’s education, cosmetic dentistry was a central focus, although she excelled in all areas. In fact, Dr. Murray won various art awards at a young age, which attests to her eye for detail and delicate hand skills. Driven by her passions for art, science, and helping people naturally, cosmetic dentistry became a passion for her.
With her eye for aesthetic detail and knowledge of facial anatomy, Dr. Murray has completed thousands of successful facial cosmetic injections and Botox® cases, with a focus on Botox for clenching, grinding, and TMJ. She is also experienced in using sleep apnea appliances to extend life expectancy as well as quality of life and Invisalign to enhance the appearance of patients’ smiles.
Dr. Murray has won awards in the following areas of dentistry:
- Lumineers and veneers, with or without tooth drilling
- Computerized dentistry and digital impressions
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Full-mouth occlusal rehabilitation
- TMJ clenching and grinding
- Sleep apnea and snoring
- Minimal radiation X-ray imaging
- Teeth whitening
- Dental implant restoration
- Dental crowns and bridges
- Tooth extractions
- Bone grafting procedures
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Christian Medical and Dental Associations
- San Antonio District Dental Society
- National Dental Honor Society
- Serves on the board for Transplants for Children (TFC), an organization supporting organ transplant donors and their families
- Has often participated in and been awarded for efforts in providing free dental care events
- Has donated her time and skills on dental and medical mission trips
Dr. Murray’s enthusiasm drives her to excel in treating patients with the most up-to-date evidence-based treatments using the latest technology. Anyone who knows Dr. Murray can attest to her desire to educate patients and help them achieve their goals however she can. She has pursued advancement programs all across the U.S., with the goal of providing her patients the greatest level of care available.
Away from the office, Dr. Murray enjoys the Transplants for Children events such as the annual Jazz in July event, the Walk for Life 5K and 10K, and clay shooting and golf tournaments. You may also find her painting, playing volleyball, snow skiing, wakeboarding, hiking, traveling, sky diving, or spending time with family and friends.
Dr. Murray looks forward to making you smile!