Our San Antonio, TX dental office fields quite a few questions from patients seeking the expert dental advice of Dr. John A. Moore, Jr. Don’t see your question among our more frequently asked questions? Call Cosmetic Dental Associates at 210-951-4444 or use our online form to submit your question – these are also both great ways to schedule your next dental appointment with us!
- What Toothbrush Does Dr. Moore Recommend
- What’s The Proper Way To Floss
- How Can I Prevent Cavities
- Are Six-Month Dental Checkups Necessary
- What Are My Payment Options At Cosmetic Dental Associates
- Q: What Toothbrush Does Dr. Moore RecommendA:
Dr. Moore cautions patients against using hard-bristled toothbrushes that can lead to premature wear and tear on the enamel of your teeth. A soft-bristled toothbrush – manual or electric – is all you need to properly clean your teeth and gums.
- Q: What’s The Proper Way To FlossA:
You can floss at night or in the morning, just as long as you floss daily. Be sure to use a new section of floss for each tooth. Work the floss gently beneath the gumline, wrap it around each side of each tooth, and work it up and down to remove plaque.
- Q: How Can I Prevent CavitiesA:
Your mouth naturally creates a film over your teeth that becomes plaque. Plaque can harden into tartar and tartar can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. By brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day, you break the film before it can become tartar. When you visit us for regular teeth cleanings, we’ll remove tartar from any spots you missed. We can also coat your teeth in fluoride to toughen your enamel and fight tooth decay.
- Q: Are Six-Month Dental Checkups NecessaryA:
Even if you take excellent care of your teeth, it’s still possible to miss a spot. The plaque in that missed spot will turn into tartar that can be removed only by a dental professional. Your checkups also give us a chance to take X-rays, conduct an oral cancer screening, and answer any oral health questions you have. We recommend you see us every six months, or more frequently if we’re treating you for an ongoing issue.
- Q: What Are My Payment Options At Cosmetic Dental AssociatesA:
We have several flexible payment options:
- PPO dental insurance
- Major credit cards
- Special financing through CareCredit, Lending Club, and Wells Fargo