In the best situation, the manufacturing process for porcelain veneers takes only two or three weeks to complete. In the worst case, this time frame can be doubled or even tripled, especially if the look of the veneers – whether in size, shape, or color – is not satisfactory to the patient or dentist applying the veneers. Prepless veneers are typically custom-manufactured in house, saving time for the dentist, lab, and patient alike, and aligning with the no-prep treatment that really includes very little prep for the patient other than a cleaning and light sanding. When you want a smile makeover quickly, there is no better gift than qualifying for prepless veneers.
What’s the difference between veneers and lumineers? >>
Am I a Candidate for Prepless Veneers?
You’ll never know if prepless veneers will work for you unless you ask, so ask. Your teeth don’t have to be perfect for veneers – in fact, they shouldn’t be or the veneers won’t have any work to do! But it is necessary to have clean teeth and solid gums so that the veneers have a solid foundation on which to rest. Your cosmetic dentist can tell you for certain whether the life-altering no-prep veneer procedure is right for you.
Porcelain veneers: The celebrity smile makeover treatment >>
Truths About Prepless Veneers
It’s important to understand the entirety of the prepless veneer procedure and the benefits this smile makeover will offer to you before undergoing the treatment. Here are 10 things to know about no-prep veneers:
- The Atlas of cosmetic dentistry. Prepless porcelain veneers are incredibly strong and durable – they’re as strong as, if not stronger than, natural tooth enamel.
- Multipurpose veneers. Veneers are ideal for correcting gaps between teeth, fractured teeth, and correcting stained teeth that do not respond to whitening treatments.
- Cement me in. Each veneer is bonded to each tooth individually with cement, creating one unit that is attractive, uniform, and straight.
- Stain free. Veneers do not stain, but they can chip if you subject them to abuse, like opening a package or bottle with your teeth.
- Low maintenance. Veneers are not going to stay clean on their own. It’s essential to brush and floss daily as normal, but typical preventive care – including regular checkups at the dentist – is really all that’s necessary to maintain the integrity and life of this cosmetic dentistry procedure.
- Reduced downtime. Traditional porcelain veneers, including the prep for the procedure, can take up to eight weeks to be created in an off-site dental lab. Dentists who offer an in-house lab are able to reduce downtime tremendously so there is very little lag in between your decision to wear veneers and the actual application of them (especially if the final product isn’t quite right and needs to be edited – an on-site edit will happen much more quickly than waiting for a few weeks again for an off-site lab to get this one right).
- Long lasting. Veneers can last for up to 10 years and, depending on the person in question and the care they give their veneers, some veneers can actually last well into a second decade.
- Get the natural look. Prepless porcelain veneers are incredibly thin pieces of porcelain that are meticulously created so that they complement your face, mouth, and natural tooth color. If something is off or just not quite right with the no-prep veneers, they can easily be altered for accuracy in fit and appearance.
- Minimally invasive. The goal with any veneer treatment is to remove as little natural tooth structure as possible in order to accommodate the veneer. While the condition and position of your teeth as well as the desired result will impact how teeth are prepped for the veneer procedure, qualifying for the prepless veneer process means that prep really will be minimal – a bit of sanding and shaping is all that should have to occur to get your mouth ready for its transformation.
- Dental art. Prepless porcelain veneers are only as good as the dentist who creates them for you and applies them to your teeth. The skill and expertise of Dr. John Moore, a lauded dentist and sculptor, ensures that your smile will be customized so carefully and thoughtfully that it will look as natural as possible while functioning impeccably.
Ready for your physical and mental transformation? Make your appointment with Dr. John Moore at Cosmetic Dental Associates in San Antonio to learn more about prepless veneers.