If you have crooked teeth but haven’t had the chance to do anything about them, you’ll love the wide variety of orthodontic options we have available for you. From clear aligners to traditional braces, you’ll have straightened teeth in no time. Beyond the aesthetic reasons, there are several oral health benefits of straight teeth that you’ll discover. We’ll be discussing those with you today and how we can help you achieve that smile you’ve always wanted.
- Your teeth are easier to clean.
Brushing and flossing keeps bacteria and plaque at bay. When you have crooked teeth, food particles and bacteria easily remain between your teeth. If you have gaps between your teeth, it can allow for bacteria and food particles to get trapped too. With straight teeth, it’s much easier to clean between your teeth. As a result, you will cut down on your risk for cavities.
- Your digestion improves.
When you have straight teeth, you chew your food more thoroughly and evenly. As a result, your stomach can process the food easier and, as a result, potentially eliminate indigestion.
- You improve your gum health.
When you have crooked or gaps between your teeth, it can often increase your risk for plaque and bacteria. As a result, this can lead to periodontal disease. With straight teeth, you don’t have the same level of risk, especially since it’s easier to practice your oral hygiene habits.
- You can eliminate your jaw pain.
Very often, TMJ disorder (TMD) can be a result of misaligned teeth. When we work on straightening your teeth, this can very often alleviate the problems of a TMD and end your discomfort.
- You improve your confidence.
Do you find that you close your lips when you smile? Or maybe you cover your mouth when you laugh? When you have straight even teeth, this will give you a tremendous boost in self-confidence. You’ll no longer feel embarrassed about the way your teeth look and you’ll be able to show them off.
- You’ll improve your first impressions.
If you are potentially pursuing job interviews or even beginning to date, having a strong first impression can set you up for success. Since your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, it’s important to have one that looks beautiful. Straight teeth can improve your looks and transform the others see you – including how you see yourself!
Your Options for Orthodontic Treatment
Now that you are ready to transform your smile, we have a wide range of options for you to consider. They include:
- Invisalign – These clear aligners can straighten your teeth in a faster time than traditional orthodontics. Plus, they are discreet so no one will notice you are wearing them!
- ClearCorrect – These are another clear aligner option for you to consider. Made right here in Texas!
- Custom Clear Aligners – This is a great option if you need only minor fixes. We make these in our office.
- Traditional Braces – These are your usual straight-wire metal braces.