Dental veneers are one of our most popular cosmetic treatments – and it’s no wonder, considering the great things they can do for your smile. They can be used to hide a wide variety of flaws, including chips, stains, gaps, and worn-down teeth. At Cosmetic Dental Associates, we’ll ensure you get great results from veneers!
A free consultation is the best way to get started with these versatile restorations. Call us today at 210-951-4444 to schedule one at our Medical Park location or 210-942-5047 for Alamo Ranch.
In the meantime, check out our tips for getting the most out of your veneers:
- Work With an Experienced Dentist – Dr. Moore has placed more than 6,000 veneers. You can trust him to help you choose the right veneers for your smile: Empress porcelain, Lumineers, or prepless. He will also let you know if another restoration, like a crown, would work better in your case.
- Prepare Your Smile – You’ll get the best results from veneers if you start with healthy teeth. You’ll want to address problems like cavities and gum disease beforehand. In addition, we recommend professional whitening to achieve the shade you want prior to your veneers treatment. That way, we can match your restorations to your other teeth.
- Tweak Your Tooth Brushing Habits – You don’t want to scratch or otherwise damage your veneers with bad brushing habits. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a gentle touch to clean your teeth. Avoid toothpaste with abrasive ingredients like baking soda.
- Watch What You Eat and Drink – Don’t crunch down on ice, popcorn kernels, or other extremely hard substances. Cut your food into small bites. While veneers are made of stain-resistant materials, it’s a good idea to rinse your mouth with water after consuming dark substances like coffee, red wine, and tomato sauce. When you can, use a straw to drink soda, tea, and other staining liquids.
- Don’t Use Teeth as Tools – Don’t use teeth to open packages, remove tags, or perform similar tasks.
- Protect Your Smile – If you play sports, wear a mouthguard to protect your veneers – and your other teeth too. We can fit you for a custom-made one that will provide better protection than one from a store. If you grind your teeth, let us fit you for a custom mouthguard to stop this damaging habit.
- See Us for Regular Checkups – Exams and cleanings help us keep your teeth looking and feeling great – and your dental restorations too. Dr. Moore can make repairs or adjustments to veneers if needed.
Call Cosmetic Dental Associates today at 210-951-4444 for a consultation. You can also schedule online.