Instead of “biting off more than you can chew”, make little “nibbles” at a healthy dental regime. Here are a few tips you can incorporate into your daily routine to show some TLC to one of the most important parts of your body!
- Floss, floss, floss. Ever seen a co-worker in the bathroom after lunch flossing away? There is no shame in keeping a healthy smile. Keep a box in your desk for on the go maintenance.
- Toothpaste: Is it giving all you need? Make sure to look at the label before you toss it in the cart. Have you felt some sensitivity lately but ignore it? Using a sensitive toothpaste can help. Cavity prone? Make sure fluoride is included in that tube.
- Jaw-clenchingly terrible: Wake up in the morning with a sore jaw? There is a possibility you are grinding your teeth in your sleep. Not only can it affect your teeth’s health and ebb away at the enamel, your jaw could suffer over time. Make an appointment with Cosmetic Dental Associates right away to see how we can partner with you in relieving this problem.
- Shine Bright. Are those pearly whites looking, uh, less than? Drink coffee from straws, limit red wine intake, stop smoking and visit CDA to come in for a whitening treatment! See past post about other teeth yellowing offenders.
- Lighten Up! Sometimes people feel they can be more efficient in brushing with a heavy hand. Pushing too hard on the teeth can inevitably affect the gums, causing bleeding, inflammation and possibly recession over time.
We care about you and wanted to share the (dental) love this Valentine’s Day! Call us to make an appointment to “brush up” on your maintenance! 210-951-4444.