If you have a tooth that seems to stand out from all the rest, it can be a real smile wrecker. Cosmetic reshaping in San Antonio can give you a more beautiful smile. Dr. John A. Moore at Cosmetic Dental Associates will gently buff your teeth into the ideal shape. Thanks to his art background, Dr. Moore is able to apply a skilled hand and an artistic eye to:How Do Cosmetic Reshaping Works - Dr. John Moore, San Antonio, TX Dentist Read Transcript
Cosmetic shaping is a relatively new, relatively unique procedure that we do here. This came about from the person that finished braces or finished Invisalign, their teeth really looked good, but they had maybe some chips in the teeth, chips too fine to restore, not serious enough to demand something like veneers be placed on the teeth. But because they were chipped or a little worn, crooked, or not quite the same length as each other, we straighten all the teeth out, and then with some cosmetic shaping, we come in, we straighten all the edges out and get each of the little separation points just right, so when you're finished, the whole case really looks nice.
When we started doing that, we realized there's a whole area of the public that could have their teeth shaped. They didn't have braces, they didn't have veneers, or they did have veneers or not. But they have some issues with their teeth that are, just really to get them nice, are only going to require just the right touch in shaping and polishing to correct subtle little misalignments and subtle little discrepancies in the case, get them so they really look nice. It's funny how little of that you need to do to make such a big improvement in the way the smile looks. It's a very fast and inexpensive way to achieve some final finishing results.
- Reshape your uneven teeth so that they no longer draw unwanted attention
- Give your entire smile a more uniform, aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Smooth rough tooth edges so your tongue doesn’t scrape against them
- Boost your confidence to show others your best smile at all times
Combine our reshaping services with any of our other cosmetic procedures for a complete smile makeover. Call one of our two offices today, 210-951-4444 (Medical Center) or 210-942-5047 (Alamo Ranch), to schedule your appointment with Dr. Moore. He’s a broadly accomplished dentist with more than 35 years of experience.
Tooth Shaping Can Revitalize Your Smile
You might be an ideal candidate for cosmetic dental shaping if:
- You have a tooth that is longer or wider than the others
- You have a tooth that is slightly crooked or chipped
- Your tooth appears sharp or pointed
- You have uneven enamel
- You want to improve your smile
Our shaping treatment is a completely pain-free procedure. Only the tooth enamel, or the outer surface of your teeth, is modified. It’s also quick and inexpensive, usually taking just a single appointment. An added benefit is that fixing teeth that overlap can make flossing and brushing easier and improve the overall health of your teeth.
Select Other Cosmetic Treatments to Enhance Your Smile
Because there are limitations to dental reshaping, we often suggest using it to complement other dental procedures:
- Once a tooth has been reshaped, tooth bonding might be necessary to achieve the ideal final look.
- Dental veneers are sometimes applied to top teeth only, so reshaping treatment can fix minor issues with lower teeth.
- Tooth reshaping can be done as a touch-up treatment following orthodontics if it’s more apparent a tooth is an odd length or width once your teeth are aligned.
Improve your smile with San Antonio cosmetic reshaping at Cosmetic Dental Associates. Call us at 210-951-4444 (Medical Center) or 210-942-5047 (Alamo Ranch) today to schedule your appointment. You can also schedule online.