Dr. Moore on cosmetic reshaping In addition to our more advanced cosmetic dentistry offerings, Cosmetic Dental Associates of San Antonio, TX also provides cosmetic shaping. You might be an ideal candidate for cosmetic shaping if:
- You have a tooth that is longer or wider than the others
- You have a tooth that is slightly crooked or chipped
- Your tooth appears sharp or pointed
- You have uneven enamel
- You want to improve your smile
Combine our cosmetic shaping services with any of our other cosmetic dentistry procedures for a complete smile makeover. Call us at 210-951-4444 to schedule your appointment today with Dr. John A. Moore. He’s a broadly accomplished dentist with more than 35 years of experience.
Understand Cosmetic Shaping
If you have a tooth that seems to stand out from all the rest, it can be a real smile wrecker. Cosmetic shaping can reshape your tooth so that it no longer draws attention to itself. Dr. Moore will gently buff your tooth into the ideal shape. Thanks to his art background, Dr. Moore is able to apply a skilled hand and an artistic eye to your teeth for the most beautiful smile possible.
Cosmetic Shaping Is Not Painful
Cosmetic shaping is a completely pain-free procedure. Only the tooth enamel, or the outer surface of your teeth, is modified. It’s also quick and inexpensive. An added benefit is that fixing teeth that overlap can make flossing and brushing easier and improve the overall health of your teeth.
More Than Cosmetic Shaping
Because there are limitations to cosmetic reshaping, we often suggest pairing it with or using it to complement other procedures:
- Once a tooth has been reshaped with cosmetic shaping, tooth bonding might be necessary to achieve the ideal final look.
- Dental veneers are sometimes applied to top teeth only, so cosmetic reshaping can be done to fix minor issues with lower teeth.
- Cosmetic reshaping can be done as a touch-up treatment following braces if it’s more apparent a tooth is an odd length or width now that your teeth are aligned.