Get Your Professional Teeth Whitening Today. Call Now to Schedule Your Appointment!210-951-4444
We have a number of different types of whitening processes one is where you can apply it yourself over a period of time at home, the other one is you do it here in the office and then the third one which we just recently received a Trademark Patent award for, is called permanent teeth whitening. The dental office can make you a little slip that goes over the teeth that you put the gel into that where you can put the chemistry or this whitening gel directly on your tooth so you're going to get a faster more obvious result in less time. The other where you come into the office is the same chemistry again but it's stronger and some processes use a light activation system, that's the one we use, so we have that available for the person that's not really going to wear this thing you take home. And if you wear the thing you take home you can get as white as that, it just takes longer and you got to be disciplined. Now, this third one that I mentioned the permanent teeth whitening is a new process that we develop again off of the idea of the prep less veneer. We use a porcelain in a ceramic that is so thin and so light its pure white and translucent at the same time so that when you put this on the tooth it actually lets your tooth color come through it so it still looks like your tooth with your same color but now it's been white and when you put that on there it's completely safe on the tooth, you can take them back off, you still got your same teeth that you had before but, if, I've never had anyone asked to take those off, 'cause they look too good but you put those on the teeth and it makes your own teeth look super white and we call it a permanent teeth whitening because this white coating that's on there cannot stain, it will not pick up any coffee stain, no red wine stain, you put blueberry juice on that, grape, Welch's grape drink, whatever you what and it's not going to stain these things up. They're going to stay white and if it does get a little stained on, you just wipe it off.
What’s the secret to dramatically whiter teeth? Professional teeth whitening treatment by Dr. John Moore of Cosmetic Dental Associates. One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry option for both men and women, teeth whitening is sometimes referred to as teeth bleaching, and we have solutions for your specific budget, goals, and expectations.
There are many, many teeth whitening options available in San Antonio, TX, but less than a quarter of the population is willing to actually experience this treatment. Why? We think it’s because of all the incorrect information floating around.
You can trust Dr. John Moore to provide you with accurate information to help you make the best decision for your smile. Teeth whitening in our San Antonio dentist office actually works, and we can help you maintain your new smile for the rest of your life! Listen to Dr. John Moore explain this in more detail in the videos below, then call us today at 210-951-4444.
Our Treatment Can Improve Your Life!
Teeth discoloration will happen to everyone over time. Your tooth enamel is made up of crystalline rods that will, over time, develop tiny cracks. It is within these cracks that stains develop and live. The good news is that teeth whitening can remove those stains and allow your teeth to be restored to their natural beauty. In addition to a whiter smile, you’ll experience:
- Renewed Confidence – You will feel different about your smile, which means you’re more likely to show it off. Your new confidence will be evident to everyone around you.
- Positive Attention – Co-workers, family, and friends will notice your newly improved smile, and you’ll love the compliments you receive!
- Healthy Teeth – Our teeth whitening process is safe and effective. You’ll never have to worry that teeth whitening is unsafe for your teeth!
The results you can achieve with teeth whitening will vary. A quick consultation with our San Antonio dentist will help you set expectations for your results. We offer a variety of teeth whitening solutions so that you can select the teeth whitening that will be the most effective for your smile. We will then help you create a plan for your smile so you’ll have a rough idea of how long your teeth whitening process will take.
If you’re ready to get started with this process, give our team here at Cosmetic Dental Associates a call at 210-951-4444. Take a look at some of the beautiful smiles we were able to bring to life in the smile gallery below.
Choose From Several Teeth Whitening Options
Fast, professional teeth whitening happens in the San Antonio dental office of Cosmetic Dental Associates. A staff member will carefully apply a strong peroxide gel to your teeth. We may remove and reapply that gel several times over the course of an hour. You may be happy with the results after one visit, but sometimes deep stains require a follow-up whitening appointment.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Kits
Whitening at home may be your best option. The low concentration of peroxide can be applied easily over time. You’ll be able to whiten when it’s convenient for you, and over time, you will be able to achieve the same (or better) results than what we can accomplish with in-office teeth whitening. You will receive a custom-made whitening tray and can wear your whitening for an hour or more each day!
Sapphire Light For White Teeth Fast
Dr. John Moore is the type of dentist who invests in the latest innovations in dentistry. Our modern cosmetic dental office in San Antonio, TX features a Sapphire Light. This cutting-edge piece of dental equipment allows us to gently give you a brighter white and more durable teeth whitening than what can be found with any other curing light.
Permanent Teeth Whitening
Patients who want to break free of the dull-whiten-dull-whiten cycle love our permanent teeth whitening treatment.
This premium teeth whitening process is the dental veneer of teeth whitening treatments. A white crystal shell is bonded to the front of your teeth for a bright, white smile that will last and last. Have it done for your wedding day and flash the same white smile every year on your anniversary trip. Gift it to your son or daughter for their high school graduation and be confident their pearly whites will stay pearly through all four years of college. For a whiter smile with endurance, schedule your appointment at 210-951-4444.
Professional Teeth Whitening For Safe, Reliable White
The ADA advises that dental whitening is completely safe under the guidance of a dental professional. Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits and kiosks in the mall provide unreliable whitening results at best and at worst, could be harmful to the enamel of your teeth or the sensitive tissue of your gums.
Professional-grade teeth whitening kits are able to move beyond the surface of your teeth to lift deep-seated stains and discoloration. Don’t waste your time on treatments that might not work or can cause more harm than good. Choose quality treatment instead – choose Cosmetic Dental Associates.
Call our San Antonio, TX dentist Dr. John Moore at 210-951-4444 to schedule an appointment for a white smile that won’t disappoint. For our out-of-town guests, we bet our take-home teeth whitening kits would make for great souvenirs! Listen to some of our happy patients discuss their experiences in the videos below.
Understand How Your Teeth Become Discolored
Teeth become stained in two different ways: extrinsic and intrinsic staining. Extrinsic means that the stain is coming from a source outside your tooth, like beverages, foods, and chemicals. It can build up over time, but we are often able to remove those stains with teeth whitening.
Intrinsic stains occur due to chemical and mineral ingestion during the tooth formation process. They are more difficult to remove, but we believe that an extended period of teeth whitening performed at your home can lift those stains and give you the smile you’ve been dreaming of.
How do teeth get dull in the first place?
- Aging – It’s only natural for your teeth to change color as you get older. As your teeth are exposed to more and more stain-causing beverages and foods, they will become darker and darker. Whitening, too, can be affected by age. If your teeth are still young, it will be easy to lift the stains. If you’ve put off having your teeth whitened, it may take a bit more effort to achieve the results you’re looking for. The good news is that achieving your dream smile is possible at our San Antonio dentist office.
- Smoking – It’s no secret that nicotine stains your teeth. It actually seeps into the enamel.
- Nature – Just as your skin has a unique hue, so does your smile. Your teeth will have a natural color that will affect how your teeth discolor over time. In addition to your natural color, your teeth have unique traits like transparency, opaqueness, and width. It is easier to whiten teeth that are opaque and thick, but it is still possible to help patients whose teeth are transparent and thin.
- Stains from Drinks and Foods – Foods and drinks that are dark will also darken your teeth. Tea, coffee, berries, wine, beets, and more can lead to discolored teeth earlier in life. Acidic foods are also harmful because they affect the strength of your enamel.
- Chemical Effects – Some medications and minerals can cause your teeth to discolor. Tetracycline, a common antibiotic, can cause your teeth to darken. Fluoride, while good for your teeth in moderate amounts, can cause your teeth to become mottled if used in excess.
- Bruxism/Trauma – Grinding your teeth or otherwise injuring your teeth can cause cracks, which will begin to collect debris and will cause dark stains that must be removed by our San Antonio, TX dentist office.
You Should Know These Things About Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is not without risk. It is common for patients to feel teeth sensitivity in the days and weeks after treatment. Some cases have been known to last for a month. It is more common for sensitivity to occur following an in-office teeth whitening because of the high concentration of the whitening solution, and it is more common for patients who have gum recession to experience sensitivity. If you feel pain following a whitening treatment, we recommend a toothpaste with potassium nitrate.
Gum irritation is also possible. This is caused by contact with the peroxide itself or irritation from wearing the whitening trays. Gum irritation will only last a few days. If you feel that this discomfort is excessive, give us a call!
Finally, some restorations are not affected by whitening solutions. Tooth bonding, dental crowns, and dental veneers will not change color after bleaching, but your teeth will. This can cause a result that we like to call technicolor teeth. Be sure your San Antonio, TX dentist knows of your restorations before teeth whitening begins.
Keep Your Smile Bright!
In order to keep your dream smile, you will likely need follow-up whitening maintenance. This can be applied every quarter, annually, or whenever needed. Immediately following a whitening session, you should avoid stain-causing foods, drinks, and habits (like smoking). Routine maintenance will help protect your teeth from stains as will developing new habits, like drinking out of a straw whenever possible.
Before teeth whitening treatment, there are a few things we like to share with our patients. You’ll find those below:
- Your results will look natural. We cannot achieve unnaturally perfect results.
- Your teeth will continue to become brighter in the weeks following your treatment. This is important in case you are trying to match the color of restorations to your new smile.
- You may need to replace old restorations to match your new tooth color.
- If your gums are recessed, there may be areas at the gum line that are difficult or impossible to bleach.
- Do not attempt teeth whitening if pregnant or nursing. It is unknown if the treatment can impact your baby.
To learn more about teeth whitening solutions, give us a call at 210-951-4444. San Antonio dentist Dr. John Moore will be happy to meet with you soon and help you discover your new smile!
Dr. John A. Moore, Jr. has been voted into America’s Top Dentists in Cosmetic Dentistry. He has been recognized for outstanding achievement by the Southwest Society of Prosthodontists, The University of Texas Health Science Center, and Mexican Academy of Prosthodontics.