A considerable part of caring for your smile is looking after your gums. If your gums are unhealthy, non-surgical gum disease treatment in San Antonio is a possible option for you. Dr. John A. Moore has decades of experience, so you can trust him and our team to skillfully treat your gum disease. Gum disease treatment from Cosmetic Dental Associates can help you:
- Bring your gums back to health and prevent long-term damage
- Smile with more confidence knowing that your gums look attractive
- Keep your breath fresher and more appealing
- Stop your gums from bleeding when you brush or floss
We are firm believers in pain-free dentistry, so if you suffer from dental anxiety, we are happy to accommodate you with longer appointment times and a private treatment room. Call us today at 210-951-4444 (Medical Center at Babcock & Huebner) or 210-942-5047 (Alamo Ranch) to schedule your appointment.
A Modern Laser Treats Your Gum Disease Quickly & Comfortably
You could be suffering from gum disease if your gums:
- Bleed when you brush or floss
- Are tender or discolored
- Are the source of your chronic bad breath (halitosis)
Our team is committed to bringing patients the latest technology and techniques in dentistry. Here’s what we’ll do to treat your gum disease:
- We will use a special laser that will eliminate the infected gum tissue around your tooth roots without harming the healthy tissue. The laser ensures you will experience minimal discomfort during your gum treatment and that your gums will recover faster.
- Then, we’ll smooth the roots of your teeth so your gums will be encouraged to reattach and so any pockets where infection can thrive are closed. This process is known as scaling and root planing.
- If your infection is particularly severe, we can treat your gums with Arestin®. This slow-release antibiotic will continue fighting against bacteria long after you leave our office.
Avoid tooth loss and a painful mouth by addressing gum disease as quickly as possible. This condition can often go undetected until it reaches an advanced stage, so the best way to protect yourself is by maintaining regular dental cleanings and exams.
If you think you might need non-surgical gum disease treatment in San Antonio, or if it’s time for your checkup, call us today at 210-951-4444 (Medical Center at Babcock & Huebner) or 210-942-5047 (Alamo Ranch) to schedule your appointment. You can also schedule online.