Repair Your Damaged or Broken Teeth with Dental Crowns & Bridges. Call Today!210-951-4444
For beautiful dental crowns and dental bridges by a restorative dentist who will execute them with skill and ease, choose Cosmetic Dental Associates. To make your appointment, call 210-951-4444. If you plan on traveling to San Antonio, TX to benefit from Dr. John Moore or Dr. Gilbaerto Tostado’s expertise, do let us know, and we will do all we can to accommodate your schedule.Dr. Gilberto Tostado on Dental Crowns and Dental Bridges Read Transcript
Here in office we have a CEREC, which is one of our modern technologies that we're able to enjoy in this days with all the technologies, software. So, with using our CEREC, we can use non-metal restorations, they're all ceramic, and we can do it in one day because everything's designed and copied by our computers. Once the computer has the design we need and want for the patient, this computer will mill and will start creating this restorations for our patients and in one visit they can go out with their new crown and their new ceramic fillings.
You may even qualify for the CEREC procedure by Sirona, which will enable you to complete your restoration in one appointment! The procedure begins with a 3D image. With CAD software, we are able to digitally create the perfect restoration like a full or partial dental crown or a porcelain filling.
You will benefit from this procedure in many ways:
- Your new permanent restoration can be available in as little as an hour. The restoration is digitally milled in our office. The milling process takes about 15 minutes per restoration.
- You won’t have to deal with temporaries. A temporary crown is prone to breaking, but your permanent dental crown will be fitted in one day. We will make sure the bite is perfect before sending you on your way.
- You’ll get the results you’re looking for. CEREC is also excellent for dental veneers. This is just another way we are taking cosmetic dentistry to new heights!
Visit our San Antonio dentist office to learn more. In the meantime, listen to Dr. John Moore discuss how dental crowns and dental bridges can help you get the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
We Offer Dental Crown Restorative Treatments
A dental crown serves many purposes in dentistry. A dental crown can be used to:
- Reshape and strengthen a tooth following a root canal procedure
- Repair a tooth following tooth decay that is too large for a tooth filling
- Serve as a replacement tooth in a dental bridge or for a dental implant
- Conceal a tooth that is discolored or misshapen
- Strengthen a tooth that has been weakened by damage
- Restore function to your tooth
Cosmetic Dental Associates imports the highest and purest porcelain for our dental crowns to meet our patients’ discerning standards. During the clinical procedure, your San Antonio cosmetic dentist will prepare your tooth and take an impression of that tooth. In some cases, the impression is sent to a laboratory where your crown is made. In the meantime, you will wear a temporary crown. Once your perfect crown arrives at the office, you will return for it to be placed over your tooth. When possible, CEREC-made crowns can be completed in a single appointment without the need for a temporary.
Visit our office or call 210-951-4444 to see if your smile would benefit from a dental crown! We would love for you to join our smile gallery like the one you see below!
We Offer a Variety of Dental Crown Options
No matter the problem with your tooth, we can help! Our dental crowns are available in:
- Porcelain fused to metal – The best of both worlds, a porcelain fused to metal crown is both beautiful and strong. It is important that the tooth is prepared correctly before this type of crown is placed to maintain the most natural result. The lab technician who creates your cap will ensure the aesthetic appeal. In some cases, a metal may appear at the gumline, but a porcelain collar can be placed to erase this flaw from your smile.
- All-porcelain – Zirconia or aluminous materials are the most popular material choices for all-ceramic dental crowns. These materials provide a metal-free dental crown with a number of benefits. An aesthetic all-ceramic dental crown can be created with a thinner material because the accommodating metalcore has been reduced or eliminated. The thinner option makes all-ceramic, or porcelain, dental crowns a treatment choice that is favored for areas with a limited amount of space. These crowns are more beautiful, but they do require care. These crowns are getting stronger all the time, and researchers are discovering new ways to use these dental crowns in high-impact areas of your mouth.
- CEREC crowns made on-site while you wait – Complete, permanent crowns can be created in as little as an hour and placed in your mouth without the need for temporary crowns, labs, and multiple visits to the dentist office!
Getting a dental crown or dental bridge can feel overwhelming, but we have many patients who loved their experience! You can hear them discuss how much they enjoyed working with San Antonio, TX cosmetic dentist Dr. John Moore in the testimonials below.
Restore Your Smile with Dental Bridges
Our professional friendly dental bridge staff knows that your smile’s appearance and functionality can be adversely affected by missing teeth. Missing one or more teeth can cause a change in bite, which is commonly referred to by dentists as occlusion. Teeth occlusions can cause speech impediments, a greater chance of tooth decay, and increased risk for periodontal disease. In addition, teeth being moved and shifted around can result in a disorder known as TMJ.
Obtaining a dental bridge in San Antonio, TX from Dr. John Moore and other dental associates from Cosmetic Dental Associates can help correct occlusions and prevent diseases, misalignments, and speech impediments. A dental bridge is used to replace a missing tooth, and there are several types of dental bridges including conventional, cantilever, and resin-bonded bridges.
Cantilever and conventional bridges rely on healthy surrounding teeth to complete the restoration. The new tooth is connected to a crown, which is placed on a healthy, adjacent tooth. A resin-bonded bridge doesn’t require your dentist to do as much preparation of healthy teeth for a dental crown. It is often used for front teeth when the surrounding gums and teeth are healthy.
The Risks of Not Replacing Missing Teeth
If you don’t replace your missing teeth, not only could you continue to struggle with embarrassment, but you’ll also be more likely to have difficulty chewing, which could negatively impact your nutrition. Your remaining teeth might shift to fill in the spaces left behind, which, as you can imagine, could wreak havoc on the appearance of your smile.
San Antonio, TX general dentist Dr. John Moore can help you decide if a dental bridge is right for you. All it takes is one visit to the office. If you decide to move forward, we will use a local anesthetic before preparing your surrounding teeth to support the bridge. Dr. Moore will prepare your tooth before taking impressions, which will be sent to a lab where your bridge is created specifically for you.
The fit of your bridge is very important to help prevent problems like TMJ pain. While you wait for your dental bridge, we will place a temporary restoration. At your follow-up visit, you will have the bridge fitted, custom shaded and cemented in order to complete the dental bridge procedure. We use the latest in advanced technology to provide our dental bridges.
Don’t take the risk. Let a dental crowns & dental bridges expert save your smile. Schedule your consultation with Dr. John Moore or Dr. Gilberto Tostado in our San Antonio, TX dentist office by calling us at 210-951-4444.
Dr. John A. Moore, Jr. has been voted into America’s Top Dentists in Cosmetic Dentistry. He has been recognized for outstanding achievement by the Southwest Society of Prosthodontists, The University of Texas Health Science Center, and Mexican Academy of Prosthodontics.