Many people associate San Antonio root canals with pain, but actually, the procedure itself will remove the pain! For a fear-free root canal procedure, Cosmetic Dental Associates is the office to turn to. You can rely on our team’s skill and compassion to put your dental anxiety at ease. Your treatment will:
- Stop your nagging toothache
- Save your damaged tooth from extraction in most cases
- Prepare your tooth for a new, same-day dental crown
- Prevent damage to your other teeth and gums
Dr. Moore is an award-winning dentist who taught restorative dentistry at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio for an entire decade. You can feel confident that any treatment you receive in his hands will be done with the utmost care. Call us today at 210-951-4444 to schedule your consultation. Same-day emergency appointments are often available.
Visit Us With Any Symptoms That May Require Root Canal Treatment
A tooth in need of a root canal has a deep-seated infection. If left untreated, it’s possible for the infection to spread to surrounding teeth and your gums. While symptoms vary, you might need a root canal treatment if:
- Your tooth is sensitive to hot or cold
- Your gums are swollen or tender around your tooth
- Your tooth hurts when you use it to chew
- Your tooth is discolored
- You have tooth pain that comes and goes throughout the day
- Your dentist sees signs of infection on X-rays
Rely on Our Team For Precision Root Canal Care
If we determine you do need a root canal, here’s what we’ll do:
- Your dentist will begin by numbing the appropriate area of your mouth.
- He will then enter the narrow channels inside your tooth and clean out the infected tissue and bacteria.
- He will then fill the canals of the tooth with material that prevents infection – and the associated pain – from coming back.
- Your tooth, now free of infection, will be covered with a same-day dental crown for appearance, strength, and protection from further damage.
To avoid future root canal procedures, we recommend visiting our dentist office every six months for dental cleanings and exams. We can also treat your teeth with fluoride to strengthen them against cavities.