Dr. John Moore on TMJ Treatment Not only does Dr. John A. Moore, Jr. continue broadening his dentistry knowledge through continuing education courses, he teaches them. So, he’s the right San Antonio, TX dentist to call on to diagnose and treat the frustrating constellation of symptoms that can make up TMJ disorder with TMJ Treatment. You might be suffering from TMD if:
- Your jaws, ear, neck, or shoulders ache
- You wake up in the morning with headaches or migraines
- You’ve been diagnosed with arthritis
- You hear clicking or popping noises when you open your mouth
Find relief at Cosmetic Dental Associates in San Antonio, TX by scheduling an appointment at 210-951-4444. We understand it might be necessary for you to travel to our city to benefit from Dr. Moore’s expertise. If so, please let one of our friendly team members know if there’s anything we can do to accommodate you during your visit.
TMJ Disorder Treatment
Dr. Moore is a TMJ specialist. There are many ways for him to treat your TMJ disorder and alleviate your symptoms, so you can get back to living a pain-free life.
- Custom splints and mouthguards to realign your jaw. This will allow your muscles to relax while you sleep and protect your teeth from the effects of teeth grinding, which sometimes cause TMJ disorder or can be a symptom of TMJ disorder. We also have night guards for treating sleep apnea.
- Occlusal adjustments and orthodontic work to bring your bite in proper alignment. A bad bite can lead to TMJ disorder because your jaw must regularly shift out of position when you chew. This same strain repeated several times a day could be at the root of your TMJ pain.
TMJ Disorder Explained
Open and close your mouth. You will feel motion in your temporomandibular joint where your jawbone meets your cheekbone. This joint acts as a hinge every time you speak, chew food, or even yawn.
It’s not uncommon for this joint to become misaligned or irritated, or for you to strain the surrounding muscles. More than 10 million Americans are thought to suffer from TMJ disorder, which can include debilitating pain from headaches and migraines.
Don’t let your TMJ disorder drag on. Symptoms can last days, months, or even years. Call Cosmetic Dental Associates in San Antonio, TX at 210-951-4444 to schedule your tmj treatment appointment today, or use our easy online form. We’re here to help.